For Reasons Unknown by Michael Wood

For Reasons UnknownFor Reasons Unknown by Michael Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all I totally broke my book buying ban after seeing so many good reviews from my book blogger friends and bumped it up to the top of the pile and I have to say it was the best decision I made. I seriously can not believe this is a debut novel it is a shockingly good read.

The story starts off with a murder that was unsolved 20 years ago.Then moves forward to the present where the house that the murder takes place is being demolished and DCI Matilda Darke has returned to work after a nine month sick absence she is tasked with re-opening the case.

The characters are so well written I could feel there and pain and emotion. I even laughed out loud a few times with the sarcasm that was woven in. Its a real life crime not Emmerdale was one of the lines that made me laugh.

This is one hell of a page turner I was totally gripped from the start to finish literally sitting on the edge of my seat while reading it. I read it in one sitting I just couldn't put it down even though I had worked it out half way through the book it still didn't spoil it for me. As there are that many twists and turns I was actually doubting whether I was right or not!

Over all I highly recommend this book it is definitely the book of the week for me and my ten 10 reads for 2015.I am giving this a whooping 5 stars. I cannot wait to read more of DCI Matilda Darke. This is going to be one hell of a series.







View all my reviews

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts