No More Birthdays by Lissa Pelzer

No More BirthdaysNo More Birthdays by Lissa Pelzer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow!! I can not believe this is Lissa Pelzer's debut novel this is the first book in the Carol Ann Baker series ( who shares the same middle and end names has me by the way) And what a page turner it is to, I devoured this in one sitting I just couldn't put it down.

Runaway teenager Lilly Lessard is the main character who has some secrets. First of all that's not her real name. And she keeps her age very low key.Then lilly tracks her ex-hitman Bobby down. after he owes her money.but she’s not the only one who’s followed Bobby. Detective Davis has been after him in Miami for years. but the closer lilly gets to him the closer Davis is to. Lilly goes through a rollercoaster of events to save her skin which will leaving you feeling sorry for her and routing for her at the same time. She won't stop until she has her money.

Everyone that knows me knows I have an eye for book covers and I would never of picked this book up from looking at the cover of the kindle version. I do prefer the paperback cover. But has the saying goes never judge a book by its cover, how true is that in this case.

Lissa has written this brilliantly with some touchy scenes involving pedofile rings.I could actually feel the sensitivity in her writing and the characters are well described and believable. This book is one not to be missed its full of crime action murder and deceit. And best of all its left on a cliffhanger. yes don't you just love a cliffhanger?! I was like OMG... No Way. So now I am hanging on waiting for the next one in the series to find out what happens.

So if you're looking for a faced paced, gripping story with lots of twists and turns then this is the book for you. I am giving this 5 massive stars I highly recommend it.

I would also like to thank the author Lissa Pelzer for a copy of this debut novel in return for an honest review.


View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome thanks for asking me to review it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts