Q&A Interview with Georgie Logan

I am delighted that the lovely Georgie Logan, who I have been lucky enough to meet. Has dropped by my blog to take part in my Q&A interview Georgie is  author of the Absolute vengeance series which include The Lie and The Hat. So without further ado I would like to welcome Georgie Logan



Morning thank you for joining me this morning
Thank you for inviting me and giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.

Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
I'm married with five children and three gorgeous granddaughters. Born and still living in London, until my children flew the nest I was a housewife, or as I always write when filling in forms, Domestic Engineer ! Once my children hit their teenage years, I became a bartender, or for us oldies, a barmaid. I loved working in various pubs, where I met some terrific and colourful characters.
Now I'm writing, I haven't stepped behind a bar counter for a few years and have to say I miss the great banter with the customers.
I have released two books of a trilogy that can also be read as standalone. The Hat is book one and I have had some terrific feedback from readers who have gone on to read The Lie and can't wait to read The List which I'm currently editing.
When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
I've always enjoyed writing since I was a child. My great-aunt would tell me stories about her life in Ireland and I used to write them down, but make changes that suited my version of a 'Happy Ever After' ! Then as the years rolled by, whenever I had time to myself, I would jot down stories in large notebooks just for fun. It wasn't until my eldest son bought me a computer that I realised how much fun I could have writing my stories and take them further with his encouragement.

Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for?
My genre is crime based but deals more with the families affected by certain crimes and the contrast in their principles. Within my genre there is a mix of romance and adult themes. The audience I write for is hopefully men as well as women of alI ages. With the various characters, I think people will relate to certain ones. A young man who read my first book, who I thought would identify with a main character similar in age, loved a much older character.

What is your writing process? and how long does it take?
Having the storyline and characters for The Hat in my head for some time, I eventually wrote the first draft in a notebook. Then with my new computer, there was no stopping me. I wrote the second draft in about three to four months. Then the editing and proof-reading took twice as long. Look forward to the day I can pay an editor and proof reader to do a job that is more taxing than writing the story.

Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?

One character is based on a very dear friend and it was fun to write about her take on life. Other characters are based on people I've met from working in various pubs over the years. Then others are purely my imagination.

Have you wrote about a personal experience in your novels?
Yes, some scenes are loosely based on personal experiences.
 
What research do you do?
Thankfully we now have the Internet and because my storyline is set in various timelines, I can check whether certain items were available back then. I was writing about a certain mobile phone and suddenly realised back in 2000 it didn't exist !

Who would you like to co-write with and why?
I love Karin Slaughter, so she would be my choice to co-write with. I can imagine her take on my characters and the big city of London that is the complete opposite of where her books are based.

What's your favorite book?
I have so many favourites, Stephen King, Karin Slaughter and Chelsea Cain books are in my top ten, and although not my usual genre, my favourite is Shtum by Jem Lester.

What's your favorite food?
I adore all Greek food and am fortunate enough my brother-in-law is from Cyprus and taught me how to cook some fabulous dishes.

What's your favorite film?
My taste is varied from old musicals, science fiction, horror and thrillers, but if I had to choose, I'd have to say 'Man on Fire' starring Denzil Washington.

What's your favorite song?
I love music, so a really hard choice to pick a favourite, so instead I shall pick a song that is in my top twenty and I associate with my story.....'Let's Stay Together' by Al Green.

How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?

I have to say I love your new book cover and title wishing you all the luck in the world with it. And thank you so much for joining me today.
Thank you, I did love the original cover but the title didn't give a hint to what the basis of the story was about. As The Hat is the first in a trilogy, I decided to add 'Absolute Vengeance' to define and link the three books. My son designed the new cover as well as the old one. Have to admit, it was sad to say goodbye to an image that has been with me for a long time.

Comments

Popular Posts