Death Parts Us by Alex Walters #BlogBlitz

I am delighted to share my 4.5 star review for Death Parts Us by Alex Walters today on publication day....Grab your copy for 99p!

The Book
Twenty years ago, Jackie Galloway was a senior cop with a bad reputation. Then he ended up on the wrong side of the wrong people, and his career was ruined. Sacked and with no pension, he ends up eking out his last days on Scotland's Black Isle, his mind lost to dementia, supported only by his long-suffering wife, Bridie.
Then Galloway is found dead. The police assume the death to be accidental, until Bridie Galloway reveals that her husband has been receiving apparently threatening letters containing only the phrase: 'NOT FORGOTTEN. NOT FORGIVEN.'
DI Alec McKay is struggling to come to terms with life without his estranged wife Chrissie, and is living in isolation on the Black Isle. As a junior officer, McKay had been allocated to Galloway's team and has bad memories of the man and his methods. Now he finds himself investigating Galloway's death.
But when suspicion falls on him and more police officers are murdered, the pressure is on for McKay to solve the case.
Why would the killer seek revenge twenty years after Galloway left the force?
As McKay fights to link the events of past and present, he realizes that time is rapidly running out…

My Thoughts

Looks like I have just found myself a new author and a new detective series to read! This is the second book in the DI Alec McKay series which I guarantee can be read has a standalone, because I haven't read the first one.

So here I am thinking oh boy not another detective book. After reading so many sometimes it gets abit same old for me. And to be totally honest I am more a crime thriller reader than police procedure. So for me there has to be that something different about it. Well I wasn't disappointed…. what can I say but I loved it! This story certainly has the thriller in it with a story line that will keep you guessing until the end.

The author grabbed my attention from the start and kept me there until the end. I read this in two sittings I couldn't put it down. I would of definitely read it in one go if it wasn't the fact that I had to get up for work.

This is a fast paced easy read full of twists and turns that I didn't see coming not to mention the OMG moments. Just when I thought I knew where the story was going the author would totally throw me off the scent!

Set in Black Isle Scotland, I could hear the characters accents jumping out the pages. DI Alec McKay isn't the happiest person in the world he is moody and straight talking but I did love his sarcastic sense of humour, I found myself having a chuckle throughout the story. He kind of reminded me of my dad lol

This has certainly ticked all the boxes for me and I am looking forward to reading Candles and Roses which I have just downloaded. I highly recommend this book giving it 4.5 stars.

Thank you to Sarah Hardy at Bloodhound Books for inviting me to take part in this Blog Blitz.


Author Bio:
 
Alex Walters is the author of the DI Alec McKay series set in Scotland's Black Isle—Candles and Roses and Death Parts Us. He has also written three books set in and around Manchester—Trust No-One and Nowhere to Hide featuring the undercover officer, Marie Donovan, and Late Checkout, which introduced DCI Kenny Murrain. As Michael Walters, he also published three crime novels set in modern-day Mongolia, The Shadow Walker, The Adversary and The Outcast, which are currently being reprinted in new reedited Alex Walters editions.  Alex has previously worked in the oil industry, broadcasting and banking and now, alongside his writing, runs a consultancy working mainly in the criminal justice sector with police, prisons and probation.   After many years in Manchester he's in the process of moving to the Highlands with his wife, occasional sons and too many cats.
Twitter: @mikewalters60


Comments

Popular Posts