Q&A Interview with Cheryl Elaine

I am delighted to welcome Cheryl Elaine author of No Ordinary Girl….which I highly recommend, to take part in my Q&A Interview. You can check out my thoughts here




Good morning welcome to Chelle’s Book Reviews. Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
I am a mother of three girls , worked with children with special needs . I was born in Germany on a military base camp , but married an Irish guy who introduced me to Guinness, amongst other things but I have resided in Yorkshire for most of my life , And class myself as a typical Yorkshire lass , loves  Yorkshire puddings , pie , kebabs , vodka & gin 😂. I have two dogs Lhasa apso,s both yappie little buggers but love them regardless .

When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
Writing had always been a hobby, an escapism. I suppose it’s the way I relax. Through a friend I met a lovely lady who just happened to be an editor and book consultant, after reviewing my manuscript she insisted that I send it to print.

Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for?
My book sits well in the Crime thriller genre. Although it does contain a horror theme due to the content.

What is your writing process? and how long does it take?
It took nine months to write No Ordinary Girl. As for process- I don’t really have one that’s set in stone. I have already visualised the plot in my head. Once I sit at my laptop, I write the start and the end, the rest just happens. I suppose it’s a bit like gardening –dig a hole, plant the seed and water it, I already know what type of seed I have planted the rest just branches out.

Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?
All my characters are fictional. However, my dog (Lola) has a gruesome role within the book.

Have you wrote about a personal experience in your novel?
It’s not a personal experience but I do feel that trafficking and forced prostitution is a global issue that needs publicising. My book highlights the stark reality of emotions that a victim would suffer and the rest well it’s just fiction.

What research do you do?
I use google a lot and also talked to a lot of women that had suffered forms of violence. I watched documentaries on trafficking and gangs.

Who would you like to co-write with and why?
I can’t pick just one –James Herbert I just love his spine chilling style. Stephen king for all the obvious hair raising reasons. James Patterson with his excellent crafted plots and Richard Laymon with his ruthless endings.

What’s your favourite book?
I have many books that I’ve enjoyed and I must confess I’m a book hoarder, but James Herbert’s novel (The magic cottage) holds a special attachment for me.

What’s your favourite food?
I’m a crisp a holic if that counts.

What's your favourite film?
Anything that contains Hillbillies on the rampage, so I suppose the hills have eyes, Wrong turn. I like to be sat on the edge of my seat peeping from behind a pillow.

What’s your favourite song?
I don’t want to miss a thing by Aerosmith.
OMG this is my favourite song too

How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?
No Ordinary Girl is available on amazon (kindle or paperback) format. I’m on Facebook, Instagram, twitter or you can check out my website at www.cherylelaine.co.uk

Thank you so much Cheryl...I must say you have brilliant taste in books


Comments

Popular Posts